It’s that time of year again!
NDCC junior summer outdoor cricket season starts on Monday
Date: Monday 11th April (and every Monday through until Monday 25th July inclusive, except Bank Holidays May 2nd and May 30th)
Where: The Ground at Instow
Start Time: Registration from 6pm (I will be there from 5:45pm for the first week) – EVERYONE MUST REGISTER BEFORE THEY CAN PARTICPIPATE (INCLUDING TARKA GIRLS)
End Time: Practice will run to 7:45pm (weather permitting)
What should I bring?:
- Drink and Warm suitable clothes (minimum) –regardless of how sunny it may look
- Your own cricket equipment if you have it (labelled and kept safely in a bag when needed) (optional)
- You do not need your own equipment to participate as there will be club kit available
- However U10-U15 (and some more able U9s) will practice with hard balls so you will need your own abdominal protector (box) at least.
How should I register?:
- Please complete the attached 2016 Player Profile form (everyone to do new ones please) – current and new/boys and girls and bring with you. There will be some hard copies available on Monday.
- Your payment of £30 in an envelope clearly marked with your name (cheques payable to North Devon Cricket Club Ltd) [Note: £10 for Tarka Girls who play for a different club]
What about the weather?:
- In the advent of particularly inclement weather such that we need to cancel practice we will endeavour to get the message out in advance (via our facebook page, twitter feed and via text messages sent from your age group managers)
- When dropping off please ensure practice is on
- Generally we will try to get the practices on but if the weather becomes too wet, cold or unsafe mid-session then we will decamp to the pavilion and wait there.
Anything else I need to know?:
- The ever popular excellently priced Monday evening BBQ will continue
- U9s will always train in top corner of field (with more shelter) – Other groups will rotate (see attached and board)
- Bar will be open
- Yearbooks with all our fixtures etc. will be available soon (U13/U15 first match end of April, all others from May onwards)
- End of season presentation will be for all age groups on Monday 15th August, 6:30pm
- Friday night Academy for our most talented U12-U15 players will begin May 20th
- Playing kit is available via a link on our website ndcc.org.uk
2016 Managers/Welfare Officers
- Thanks ever so much to the following individuals who have agreed to manage our age-groups this season.
- Without them there would be no matches!
- They will be responsible for organising our teams for the matches this season and are available if you have any questions
U9s (current year 4 and below)* Clare Arthur firstname.lastname@example.org 07967 662474
U10s (current year 5 and below)* Rob Meech email@example.com 07813 458351
U11s (current year 6 and below)* Adrian Scarrett firstname.lastname@example.org 07850 900239
U13s (current year 8 and below)* Stuart Ware email@example.com 07855 752394
U15s (current year 10 and below)* Steve Popham firstname.lastname@example.org 07890 732045
Welfare Officers Hayley Popham 07808 203056/Sarah Ware 07954 697116
*Note: girls are allowed to play 1-2 age groups lower depending on their standard (those eligible for teams will have contact details passed to the managers) – i.e. you will be asked if you are eligible
Any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me (remember to check our website for more info www.ndcc.org.uk)
Wishing you a great summer – I will send an update roughly each week with the latest news from our junior section
With best wishes