Code of Conduct
North Devon Cricket Club is committed to promoting and maintaining the highest standards of behaviour and conduct both on and off the field. This Code of Conduct applies to all players, officials and members of the club and any match played under the auspices of North Devon Cricket Club.
All players are asked to read and abide by the following:
- Players must inform a member of the selection committee on or before selection meetings (Monday evenings) if they are unavailable for the following Saturday.
Players will be informed by the respective captain of their selection and the required meeting time.
3. Players who become unavailable after teams have been selected must inform the captain of the team for which they have been selected immediately, by phone.
4. Late ‘cry-offs’ (Friday night or Saturday morning) disrupt your team and lower teams and are only acceptable in exceptional circumstances. Players who do not have an acceptable reason for such instances may jeopardise their selection for future games.
5. Players who fail to turn up for a game will be asked to provide an explanation to the selection committee and if this is deemed unacceptable may be subject to suspension or any other sanction deemed appropriate.
6. Practice is held on Wednesday evenings (6.00 pm to 8.30 pm). First Eleven players are expected to attend at least one practice per week. All players improve their chance of selection if they regularly attend practice.
On the Field
- The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the Spirit of Cricket as well as within the laws.
2. Players, club officials and members must at all times accept the Umpire’s decision. Players must not show dissent at the umpire’s decision or react in a provocative or disapproving manner towards the umpire at any time.
3. Players, club officials and members shall not at any time intimidate, assault or attempt to intimidate or assault an umpire, another player, or a spectator.
4. Players, club officials and members shall not use crude and/or abusive language, make offensive gestures nor deliberately distract an opponent.
5. Players, club officials and members shall not make racial or sectarian comments or indulge in racial or sectarian actions against fellow players, officials, members or supporters. North Devon Cricket Club operates an ‘open door’ membership policy welcoming membership from all sections of the community.
6. Players in teams below the first eleven must take their turn in umpiring, scoring or performing other tasks as instructed by the captain.
7. All players must accept the decisions made by the captain on the pitch without question